This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Appetites4Life #CollectiveBias
I love going to the beach, walking by the shore, and feeling the ocean breeze. I don't know why, but it makes me feel more grounded, more connected to the earth, with life. Vicky also loves going to the beach. My little friend does not only have a strong appetite for the new Beneful Originals made with Real Chicken, she also has an appetite for life, for discovering new places and sensations.
Whenever we can, we take Vicky to the beach to discover new horizons. In case you do not know, there are many dog friendly beaches; however, it is important to investigate where you are going before heading to the beach with your four legged friend.
Once you found the perfect location, these are some things you need to consider...
Try to feed your dog way before heading to the beach as this will give him the energy he needs to explore. In case you do not know, the new Beneful formula is made with real meat as the #1 ingredient, so make sure to feed your dog something delicious like the Beneful Originals with Real Chicken, which according to Vicky is delicious. If you are going to the beach closer to your dog's next meal, make sure to take some of his food in a little bag so that you can feed him once he is done exploring his surrounding.
2. Beach Essentials
- Toys- Many dogs love to play fetch with toys (like balls) while at the beach; however, not all dogs are the same. Some just enjoy splashing in the water and others, like Vicky, like to explore. So, do not worry if your dog is not interested in the toys, take him on an exploration walk along the beach.
- Water- Take plenty of water for you and your dog so that you can keep hydrated. Also remember to take a bottle with water (tap water) to clean your dog's face as he will most likely end up with a lot of sand in his face and eyes.
- Bags- Try to take your dog to do "his business" before heading to the beach or before entering the sand. You should always carry bags with you to clean up after your pet. Even if you go to a dog friendly beach that claims to have disposable bags, never rely on that, and make sure to be prepared.
- Towels- If you are the type of person that enjoys sun bathing and you are planning on sitting in the sun for a long time, consider also taking a towel for your dog to lay. The sand at the beach tends to heat up a lot and you want to make sure your dog's skin does not get irritated by sitting in it for a long time.
- Sunscreen- Yes! your dog also needs sun protection. You can find sunscreens for dogs at various pet stores.
3. Teach Your Dog How To Swim
O.K. so you made it to the beach, now you can head to the water! but STOP! First you need to teach your dog how to swim. Be aware that not all dogs enjoy swimming. There are swimmer dogs and explorer dogs. Vicky, as I mentioned before, is an explorer. She enjoys being close to the water, but does not enjoy swimming.
4. Be Careful With Other Dogs
There are many beaches that require dogs to have a leash, other are leash-free. Whatever beach you go to, remember to always keep an eye out for your dog. I've heard about many fatal cases where dogs are attacked by other dogs. So, it is better to be safe than sorry. Be aware of your surroundings and watch your dog at all times.
5. Give Your Dog a Nice Bath
After concluding your adventure, do not forget to give your dog a bath. Just as we hate to have sand on our shoes and our clothes, our pets feel the same. The sand is also very irritating for our pet's skin, so make sure to not skip this step!
If by the time you get home your dog has not eaten, treat him with a nice dinner with his favorite food! Yes, the one that will make him/her feel like a champion and will continue to grant your dog the necessary nutrients to continue having an appetite for life! If you are a pet owner, you know that your dog's adventures are yours as well. Vicky is my motor and she inspires me to explore and enjoy that beach that I so long desired to be close by.
Vicky's current meal routine includes Beneful Originals with Real Chicken! If your dog has not tried the new formula, ¿what are you waiting for? Beneful offers satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back! So, on your next visit to Target, head over to the pet isle and grab a bag of Beneful! There's nothing to loose, and potentially a lot to gain!
I hope this post was helpful! Let me know if your pet is a swimmer or an explorer?